Cheese and Ginger Sachets
Chiizu to gari no gyoza
This is the perfect way to use up any leftover pickled ginger, or gari, from a sushi party.
- Makes 10 sachets
- 80g soft cheese (Feta, Mozzarella, etc.)
- 20g pickled ginger
- 10 gyoza sheets
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Cut the cheese into 10 cubes. Chop the pickle into small pieces.
- Place a cheese cube and a pinch of pickles in the middle of a gyoza sheet.
- Wrap the ingredients with the sheet to make a sachet, and twist the top tight using damp fingers.
- Repeat for each sachet. Deep-fry in oil until browned. Drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.