At a glance
Vegetables with Ground Tofu Sauce
Yasai no Shira-ae
This satisfying and nourishing dish is not only tasty, but extremely healthy as well.
- 280g cotton tofu (1 standard size block, strained)
- 500g konnyaku
- 1/2 carrot
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 5 tbsp ground white sesame seeds
- 100g spinach
- 240ml soup stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp mirin
- Boil the konnyaku and carrot in water for 2 minutes, and then cut them up, 4.5cm x 1cm. Stem the shiitake and slice, 3cm.
- Cook the konnyaku, carrot, shiitake, and A in a pan until the sauce is reduced to nothing.
- Wrap the drained tofu in a tea towel to remove excess water.
- Grind the tofu and ground sesame with a mortar and pestle, and add B. Cook the spinach then mix all the ingredients together, and serve.