At a glance
Chefs and Restaurants
Curry Udon Noodles
- 120g S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix (Mild, Medium Hot or Hot)
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 250g beef, thinly sliced
- 8 chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1300ml stock soup
- 2 tbsp KIKKOMAN Soy Sauce
- 6 packs of soft boiled udon
- 2 spring onion stems, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli pepper, sliced
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion, fry gently on low until lightly browned.
- Add thinly sliced beef and mushrooms, fry for 3 minutes until browned.
- Add 1300ml of stock soup and bring to the boil. Reduce to medium, simmer for 15 minutes until the beef is tender. Skim away any surface scum.
- Remove from the heat and cool for 3 minutes, then add the curry roux, in pieces.
- Bring back to the boil, add the soy sauce, reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid burning the sauce.
- Bring 2l of water to the boil in a pan, boil the udon noodles for 3 minutes then drain.
- Serve the udon with the curry in a bowl, garnished with spring onions. Top with chilli if you like it hot.