Smoked Salmon and Wasabi Rice Topping
Smoked Salmon no Wasabi Fumi Furikake
- 120g smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp wasabi paste, adjust to taste
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds (optional)
- Warm the olive oil in a small pan, add the smoked salmon, and gently stir-fry, moving the salmon with a wooden spatula.
- Mix the wasabi with a small amount of water, and add to the smoked salmon. Add the spring onion and white sesame once the wasabi and smoked salmons are mixed well.
- Mix up everything evenly, then it’s done! Serve over cooked Japanese rice.
Yukari Elliott is a Japanese chef and food writer who has been based in the UK since 2000. In addition to a successful catering business specialising in Japanese and Asian cuisine, Yukari blogs and writes about Japanese food and ingredients in Japanese and in English. Her Japanese language blog introduces easy recipes for cooking in the home, as well as introducing her life in the Home Counties. Her English site, Easy Japanese Cooking, introduces recipes using Japanese flavours and ingredients that are simple yet sensational and great for everyone from beginners to experts.
In Japan, Yukari appears at cooking demonstrations and events, writes for food magazines, and appears on radio as a food expert. She has published two cookery books in Japan, Yukari Elliott’s Simple Feasts (Takarajimasha) and Happy Recipes: No Electricity, No Gas, No Problem (Shufunotomo). Here in the UK, Yukari runs a catering business, and holds cooking classes.Yukari Elliott on the Web