Chilled Chinese Egg Noodles
Chilled Chinese Egg Noodles are a quick, refreshing option Â– vary the toppings to cater for vegetarian and other diets.
- 100g ramen noodles
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/4 cucumber
- 2 slices ham
- 1 egg
- some mustard
A for the sauce
- 1 tbsp water used to boil chicken
- 1/2 tbsp juice grated ginger
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Japanese vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- Boil the chicken breast, retain the water, and break the meat up by hand.
- Cut the cucumber 4cm x 2mm, and finely slice the ham, 3mm.
- Add some salt to the egg and beat, pour a small amount into a heated, lightly oiled frying pan to make a thin sheet of omelette. Make a few sheets, roll them on a chopping board and cut into very fine strips 3mm.
- Place A in a bowl and mix well.
- As soon as the noodles have boiled, soak them in cold water and rinse them well, turning them under running water to remove stickiness. Drain the noodles.
- Mix B with the noodles well.
- Serve the noodles on a plate and arrange the topping. Add the sauce and garnish with mustard.
Mix the noodles, seame oil and soy sauce by hand, so that the noodles are thoroughly coated.