Udon Noodles with Miso Soup
Miso Nikomi Udon
The warming goodness of miso gives this wholesome dish a real hearty kick. Perfect comfort food.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Bring the dashi to the boil then add the cooked noodles and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Cut the leek diagonally, 1cm thick. Stem the shiitake.
- Dissolve the miso paste in a small amount of cooking liquid then add to the dashi, together with the sake, chicken, shiitake and leek. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Remove the lid, break the eggs over the ingredients, and recover until the egg is half cooked.
* This dish is served in individual clay pots in Japan.