Deep-Fried Lotus Root With Prawns
Renkon no Hasami Age
- 100g lotus root
- 60g prawns
- 2 tsp plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 3-4 tbsp cornflour
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Peel the lotus root, slice 4-5mm in width and soak in water for 5-10 minutes.
- Chop the prawns finely and mix with the plain flour and salt.
- Drain the lotus root, cover thinly with the cornflower. Place 2-3 tsp of prawn on each piece of lotus root and place another piece on top.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and deep-fry the lotus root until browned.